This fall, make delicious lunches for you crew at the campground to help keep them fueled and ready for the next adventure! This campfire fall camping recipe will be a go-to for you for years to come! Get the full recipe below.
- 1 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ¼ onion sliced
- ½ red pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 granny smith apple sliced
- 2 tbsp. mayo
- 2-4 oz. cheddar cheese sliced thin
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- Heat up the grill. Then clean and oil the grate.
- Wash and dry all produce. and slice the onion, red pepper, and apple. Be sure to remove all the seeds from the pepper.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and flatted to 1/2″ thick for even cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper and add to the grill.
- Cook until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Wrap the chicken in foil and return to the heat to cook for another 5 minutes or so until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- While the chicken cooks, toss the peppers and onion in oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add to a cast-iron skillet and cook until soft.
- Remove the chicken from the heat, slice, and add to the pan of veggies.
- While the chicken and veggies cook, coat each side of the rolls in mayo and and layer on the apple slices.
- Top with chicken, onions, and peppers.
- Add a layer of cheese and then top with the top of the roll.
- Wrap the whole sandwich in foil and add it back to the grill, pressing into the grate to create those grill marks and melt the cheese thoroughly.
- Serve hot, being careful to unwrap gently and avoid the steam.
Wherever you go, take this delicious camping recipe with you and enjoy a filling lunch that will make your mouth water! Contact us to take home the perfect RV for your next adventure!