Looking for something new to try out at the campground for a filling dinner for your family? Don’t miss this easy camping recipe that can be made in a foil packet, so you can perfectly portion it for each family member. Get the full recipe for the easy campfire gnocchi below.
- 1 lb. store-bought gnocchi, uncooked
- 3 c. frozen corn, thawed
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- Kosher salt
- Red pepper flakes
- 3/4 c. dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/4 c. finely chopped fresh basil
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Build a strong fire and lower the grill grate.
- Cut several sheets of foil that are approximately 12″ long. You might want to double-wrap each packet, but that’s up to you.
- Carefully divide the gnocchi, corn, tomatoes, better, and garlic into four of the sheets and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add the white wine to each packet by drizzling it over the top.
- Securely close each of the packets by folding them in half and pinching the edges so that nothing will escape.
- Add the packets to the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the tomatoes burst and the gnocchi is cooked through and soft.
- Remove from the heat and serve topped with fresh basil, parmesan, fresh cracked black pepper, and a side of crusted bread.
Contact us to find your perfect combination of features in an RV that will help you get the campground in 2023.